The Administrative Services Bureau, created in 1997, enhances the overall internal functions of the Sheriff’s Office by streamlining services to create a more efficient and cost-effective operation. This bureau has the following Sections, Divisions, or Units:
The Public Information Office (PIO) is responsible for keeping the citizens of Oklahoma County informed about the sheriff’s office. Functions of the PIO include:
- Social media
- Media liaison
- News conferences
- News releases
- Open Records requests
Contact the Public Information Office at (405) 713-1029 or send us an email.
The main focus of the Legal Council position is to provide legal counsel to the Sheriff’s Office, which includes:
- Providing legal advice and opinions to agency members regarding criminal and civil law
- Reviewing policy to insure compliance with all relevant laws, statutes, and ordinances
- Monitoring outside counsel retained for representation in specific matters
- Analyzing and negotiating contracts
- Drafting responses regarding legal matters with other governmental entities and the public
- Acting as an agency liaison with the Civil Division of the Oklahoma County District Attorney’s Office concerning pending civil litigation and other legal matters.
The position reports to the sheriff.
To contact the Legal Council office call (405) 713-2050.
The Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office is deeply committed to the ideal of equality and non-discrimination among its employment, and retention policies. We seek to employ a representative cross-section of the community in which we live and serve.
Oklahoma County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, physical handicap, or veteran status.
Personnel duties include:
- Time and Leave Management for Active Employees
- Recruitment and Retention
- Benefit Enrollment and Elections
Thinking about a career with the Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office? Apply online Click Here.
To contact our Personnel Office call (405) 713-2040
The Finance Division of the Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office is responsible for a wide variety of tasks. The primary responsibility of the Finance Division is to manage the day to day financial operations of the sheriff’s office. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Maintaining the budget
- Daily processing of requests for purchases from different divisions of the agency
- Product and cost research to insure that every dollar is maximized
- Vendor payments
- Financial forecasting
In addition to the day to day responsibilities, the Finance Division oversees all contracts and contract negotiating for the sheriff’s office. These include:
- Technology contracts
- Inmate food
- Inmate medical
- Inmate telephone
- Inmate boarding agreements.
The fiscal financial year for the Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office starts July 1st and runs through June 30th.
Contact the Finance Division at (405) 713-1944
The Chaplain’s Division is charged with the spiritual welfare of the employees of the Sheriff’s Office. That charge includes a Chaplain’s Corp comprised of leaders of various faith groups, and duties include:
- Services as requested for weddings
- Hospital visits
- Home visits
- Character & Leadership Initiative
- Employees Assistance Program
- HOPE Team (Helping Others Past Experiences)
- Death notifications
- Volunteer chaplains and pastoral visits
- Critical Incident Assistance
- Tasks assigned by the sheriff
To contact the Chaplain’s Office call (405) 713-1046
Welcome to the Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office
Pride in who we are,
Professional in what we do.
Oklahoma County Sheriff's Office
201 N Shartel Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73102