Sheriff John Whetsel is committed to keeping our senior citizens up-to-date on current crime trends and safety concerns.
TRIAD is a collaborative effort between the Sheriff’s office, local police departments and senior citizens working together to reduce and prevent crimes against seniors. Our TRIAD program in Oklahoma County was established in 1997, and, in the years since its creation, has developed and consistently maintained interactive programs in several of our local communities. Our membership grows each and every year, and we look forward to reaching more areas of the county in the years to come.
S.A.L.T. (Seniors and Law Enforcement Together) Councils are groups which carry out the TRIAD activities. Our goal is to educate senior citizens on crimes directed at their age group and how to protect themselves. We currently have eleven active S.A.L.T. Councils and are looking to start even more. S.A.L.T. Councils are currently active in the following communities:
Oklahoma County S.A.L.T. Councils
- Bethany: Meets at 9:00am on the 3rd Tuesday of every month. Meetings held at the Bethany City Hall located at 6700 NW 36th.
- Choctaw: Meets at 9:15am on the 2nd Monday of every month. Meetings held at the Choctaw Police Department located at 13240 N.E. 23rd.
- Del City: Meets at 10:00am on the 1st Thursday of every month. Meetings held at the Del City Police Department located at 2800 Epperly Drive.
- Edmond: Meets at 12:30pm on the 1st Tuesday of every month. Meetings held at the Edmond Senior Center located on N.E. 206 between Santa Fe and Kelly.
- Harrah: Meets at 12:00pm on the 2nd Monday of every month. Meetings held at the Harrah Senior Center located at 19791 Summers Ave.
- Jones: Meets at 10:00am on the 2nd Wednesday of every month. Meetings held at the Jones City Hall located at 110 E. Main.
- Luther: Meets at 11:00am on the 1st Tuesday of every month. Meetings held at the Luther Community Building located just north of N.E. 178th and Hogback Rd.
- Midwest City: Meets at 2:00pm on the 3rd Tuesday of every month. Meetings held at the Midwest City Senior Center, located on the northeast corner of Reno and Midwest Blvd.
- North Oklahoma City: Meets at 1:30pm on the 2nd Thursday of every month. Meetings held at the India Shrine Temple located at 3601 N.W. 36th.
- South Oklahoma City: Meets at 1:30pm on the 3rd Thursday of every month. Meetings held at the Woodson Park Senior Center located at 3401 S. May.
- East Side Oklahoma City: Meets at 10:00am on the 3rd Monday of every month. Meetings held at the OCPD Springlake Division located at 4014 N. Prospect.
- Village: Meets at 1:00pm on the 1st Monday of every month. Meetings held at All Soul’s Episcopal Church located on the northeast corner of N.W. 63rd and Penn.
- Warr Acres: Meets at 9:00am on the 3rd Friday of every month. Meetings held at the Warr Acres Community Center located at 4301 N. Ann Arbor.
Community partners include Integris Health, Sunbeam Family Services, OG&E, ONG, Oklahoma Attorney General’s Office, Oklahoma County District Attorney’s Office, Mercy Health Center, Oklahoma City Community College, Mercy Hospital, fire departments throughout Oklahoma County, and many others.
Each year, the TRIAD program hosts several activities and make available several programs for our older adults. A few of these activities are:
Refrigerator Card Program:Gives emergency responders immediate information to help serve you better in case of an emergency.
Educational Seminars: Programs available on fraud, scams, identity theft, personal safety, etc. Programs can also be developed according to your specific needs.all free-of-charge.
Young at Heart Senior Prom: A yearly social event, providing our seniors the opportunity to interact with law enforcement officials and improve relations between Oklahoma County’s different communities. Sponsored by Integris Health.
Grandparents Raising Grandchildren: Donations are accepted from various partners. Those donations are used to assist grandparents on a fixed income to give their grandchildren a traditional Christmas experience, including a Christmas turkey for each family, along with gifts presented by Santa Claus at our annual reception.
Elder Law Day: A half-day seminar dedicated to legal issues that affect seniors. Sponsored by Mercy Health Center.
For more info
For more information on the Oklahoma County TRIAD Program, to schedule a speaker, or to add your name to our mailing list for upcoming events, please contact:
Deputy Kim Lopez – TRIAD Coordinator at (405) 713-1950 or send us an email.